Saturday, October 31, 2009

31st October

Do you hear that?
the hollow wind, the immense night.
It accompanies our heartbeats as the only line-up of the evening's chorus
no one else around to hear it,
no one. Silence.

The crickets are everywhere, strumming their matrimonial songs,
finding. Seeking.
I wonder,
would love come to me if I only lived for a day, too?

Moonlight, a poet's inspiring flame.
For so long it brought upon the great works,
for only when hope seems gone is greatness inspired.

Words, whispers,
The meaning is lost as it is passed,
like water seeping through many a soil,
and for so long, such tales are only learnt from the first hand.

To feel that way, it must be nice,
To be able to feel like she is the only person for you,
and you for she.

maybe some of us weren't built for it.
maybe some of us were just built to be misunderstood,
shunned, ostracized.

I shall never know,
but instead I shall sit here,
looking at the stars above me.

Losing the battle for power

No comments: