Sunday, July 3, 2011

3/7/11

Do you see me?
I doubt it
doubted it from the non-existant goodbye
Only the moon sees me on nights like this.

The frost rests nicely on my shoulders
For I look; I search; and there is no warmth
a lonely voice echoes against petrified trees;
the burden is mine to move on.

People are candles;
occasionally you see one flicker by;
you feel it's warmth; embrace it
and then gone. Snuffed out by the very cold it was to save you from.

I have my demons. I always will.
They talk of salvation, retribution and better days;
They talk and whisper; to no ends;
because nights like this; they are my only friends.

If you see me; stay away.
Unless I no longer need to learn to let go;
Unless I am allowed that warmth again;
Unless there is place for me.

There is no point; to weep or cry;
All it is; to say goodbye.

It's just how I roll

No comments: