Saturday, July 30, 2011

Spin me a story

Have you ever been told you were to meet Mickey Mouse; only to find out he was a pot-bellied man in a cotton suit?

Imagine my surprise.

I was invited to meet Death; the man who stalks the earth.
I always admired him, in a way.
He caused me nothing but sorrow; taught me nothing but pain,
and all without meeting him face to face.

So imagine when I found that; like Mickey Mouse, Death was only a facade for something completely different.
That he only summarized the collective endgame of several entities.
Worse; that I already knew them.

First, there was ambition.
Even as I sat at the table he would walk over to me and whisper that I could be sitting at the head of the table.
He explained that his promise lifts even the most grounded person up.
The higher they get; the hungrier they get,
And they are doomed to die of starvation,
miles above the ground.

I knew ambition well.
And through our friendship, it was expected he was a part of this grim circle.
The others; though strangers;
their participation was what felt like a thousand stabs to the back each.

For sitting alongside Ambition was Peace.
Ever deceptive, Peace was a beautiful thing.
He knew Man was naive; and would gain his audience through violence.
Those he visited were worst off, they were deceived into believing they were free.

They had no thirst; or worse; did not think they did,
they were doomed to their own satisfaction.
So in love were they with their ideals,
they ultimately dug their own graves.

The third seat was empty.
When the two introduced their missing brother, I felt all the weight in my heart crush me .
His stories were spread to all of man; who looked far and wide for them.
Some abandoned ambition, and some even abandoned peace; just for this entity.

So imagine how I felt:
I had come face to face with death and still was denied meeting Love.
It's just how I roll

No comments: