Thursday, December 8, 2011

8/12/11

although technically the week ends tomorrow, my recap will focus on the awesomeness of the past few days.

Since none of my readers are from my xanga days, it should be noted that Transformers changed my life. Not in the big dramatic way, well, in a way... but yeah. The first transformers movie got me IN to animation. its set the course of the past few years. Made me decide "yeah. I wanna do movies. particularly robots".

Of course, the credit also goes to Adib for just about being one of the most awesome best friends ever (did I ever mention the story of how he taught me stop motion?) so that really put everything together. Life would be drastically different without him (shoutout to Alex, mention a word of this to him and I will hunt. you. down)

So yeah. Remember: were it not for transformers, i would not have gone the next 4 years as "cynical robot geek dude". Take that in. And then this week, I met Shawn Kelly and Carlos Baena, the lead animator of transformers and one of the animators at pixar respectively.

It. was. awesome.

I mean, seriously. I didn't think about it much at first, then I was like "shit. this dude is why i'm here"

I'd have the same speech for Carlos, but pixar has always been such a wide range that it doesn't quite connect. But his story bout the whole rejection thing really puts things in perspective.

So, aside from shaking his hand, I got him to sign my unnamed tablet. It. was. awesome.

thoughts running low. will also eventually write my thoughts on The Muppets. (which i watched a special screening of)




It's just how I roll

No comments: