Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Year End Summary

assuming in the next few days I don't smoke, drink, have a menage a trois with korean pop stars or ever be requited romantically, I think now would be a good time to summarize my year. I think i'm well out of themes, because this year has just been chaotic.

so, this year started off with a LOT of goodbyes, and fuckery of the highest order. I made new friends in Sam and Kenzo (and Kris, but there's more on that later), got repeatedly pushed out of my comfort zone only to attempt to bounce back slightly changed.

Anyone close to me in 2010 would remember me saying I was through with Hann. I was right. Hann losing it kinda made the deletion process all the more easier, so that worked to my advantage.

Needless to say, once again the family is growing. I've found people I can really be myself around (minus murderous tendencies) and who often share like-minded goals. Meanwhile, its been a year and the 4 of us (me, dush, chang and maxim) are still spending weekends hanging out and playing video games.

that felt odd.

I was prepared to say this year was terrible. I mean, shit happened. I was backstabbed, thrown into worlds I was completely unprepared for and every female in my college thinks i'm a serial killer. But it works. As of this posting, SHE is still not talking to me, but who knows? things might work out.

Perhaps the biggest achievement of this year was me knowing who I am. Teenagers always have this issue that without knowing who they are, they do stupid things. They conform just so they'll be liked.

I am this guy who likes robots and aliens, romance, hip hop and Kpop. I tend to not feel at crucial times, I tend to explode at bad times. This statement makes no sense to the reader, but to me, I know what works now.

The whole challenge of learning to draw has been the catalyst for a lot of things. I guess in a way, occupying my mind with that one challenge, it solves so many others.

In short, this year was my year to figure things out on my own. all the times I WAS left in the cold contributed in a way.

Hit me, 2012.

It's just how I roll

No comments: