Wednesday, December 2, 2009

3rd Dec

I've mined every mountain bare,
made lakes comparable to seas,
Not once did I find another gem like you.

Only in my dreams have I found you,
you are haunting me, deluding me,
So close tou holding you, yet beyond my reach.

My torment doesn't end there; oh dear lord; no,
You are dangled in front of me; like a fish to a cat,
Completely satisfied where you are.

It brings me back to nights like this,
Holding you; caressing you,
The void; a large emptiness your love once filled.

Underneath the moonlight,
I watch the others; content,
as I count.

Counting what time we've had; how great it was,
Your scent; your touch; the sheer bliss!
but no more; this is true.

without you, my heart is but a lonely cog,
without purpose; it grinds away my insides,
the sound of it's movement, echoing into the dark void.

My world has lost it's sun,
my sea has lost it's moon,
and my life has lost it's soul; my song has lost it's tune.


Losing the battle for power

No comments: