Wednesday, October 27, 2010

27/10/10


And as I clambered down the pit, I looked around me.
The skies, in cinders filled, choked my lungs as my descent met their rise.
The beast was upon me now. For so long, I had sat and waited, I had dared to dream of what would happen when it was over.

Already I could see clean sunlight behind the creature.
But the girth of this creature deceived my eyes,.
For it was a good long way away from me, and the sweet sunshine.

I looked down. My descent should near its end, and the searing heat of the charred floor would be all that greeted me.

For after this was done, only one of us would have seen the sky that day, the other locked in a room of trophies.

I thought of everything I had passed to get here, every serpent, every fiery pit.
Licking my lips, I could feel the thirst inside me build up.

It was a few days walk from here. But I promise you, I will get there.


It's just how I roll

No comments: